Well folks, I'm back from my yearly pilgrimage to Minnesota. We go up every summer to visit my Bride's family. We time our visit to coincide with Giant Days. It's an annual weekend of festivities including a car show. Well, it used to be a car show, now it is a cruise kind of thing, more on that below.
There are all kind of things going on in the park. Lot's of music and food. It's a small town good time. It reminds me of a simpler time.
It's all topped off by a parade on Sunday and after that, all the corn on the cob you can eat. Good stuff. We always have a good time. My Bride's family are great people. They let all of us from the Kansas City area bunk at their houses, feed us, show us around, just excellent hosts.
The car show has kind of transformed into a cruise. Basically the cars start lining up at about 11:00 am and everyone has a chance to check them out and hang around talking hot rods. About 1:00 everyone takes off and the cruise is a little better than an hour long and the route takes it through a few other nearby towns.
Again this year I was in a Ford. I can't complain too much though, it was a 1969 Mustang Mach 1. It's a beautiful car... for a Ford. I really have to get a Chevy up there soon.
I' be posting some pictures soon. We had to get a new camera and my old memory card reader doesn't like the new memory. So when I get that solved I will show you some good looking cars.
Monday, August 8, 2011
I'm Back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment