I think I told you a couple of times that I go shooting with my Doctor when ever I can. He isn't just my Doctor, he also takes care of Joe Texan and Big Mullet. We like this guy because he is a GOOD Doctor. When he comes in the room, he sits down and actually asks you what is going on. And then he does something amazing, he listens to what you have to say!
I recently had to see a different doctor. He came into the room with a plan. It wouldn't have mattered if I told him I had fire shooting out of my ass, his plan would have been the same. Maybe this guy is good at what he does, but, in my opinion, there is more to being a good doctor than ordering a CT Scan or MRI. The ability to communicate with and listen to patients is a big deal too. Maybe I expect too much, but for what it costs to see a doctor these days, I don't think so.
Maybe if more doctors would go shooting with their patients they would have to order a whole lot fewer expensive tests.
No comments:
Post a Comment