Lately I have been visiting the 67 to 72 Chevy Truck forum. And I have found a new inspiration to work on some of my projects.
It seems that every time I think of something I would like to do to one of them, something else feels like it is more pressing. Visit the forum above, even if you don't have a Chevy project. Look through some of the builds. The amount of talent and determination some of these guys have is absolutely incredible.
I'm not into the whole dropped, bagged, frame on the ground kind of thing, but you really have to appreciate the work, the pure genius of these guys. It gives me all kinds of ideas for improvements I would like to make to my own hot rods.
To refresh your (and mine) memory, I have a 1968 Chevy 3/4 ton LWB Pickup, a 1969 Chevy Blazer and a 1972 Chevy 2WD Suburban. For as much as I would like to bump the Suburban up on the priority list, it needs the most work to get where I want it to be.
The Blazer, on the other hand, isn't far from being reliable enough to drive daily if the need arose. Mainly brakes, fluids and odds and ends. The paint is beautiful, the tires and wheels are awesome, the interior is ok but could stand a few updates.
The '68 is the second one up. While the plans I have for it include a swap to a 1/2 ton frame with disk brakes, it would be useable with very little work. I already have the frame and haven't doen a damn thing with it. I kick myself everytime I see it.
The point of this story is, I'm sick to death of having these projects sitting around collecting dust. I hope to update you on some progress soon on something, anything...
No comments:
Post a Comment