Yesterday morning, Joe Texan, my Little One and I went out to the shotgun range for a while. We shot a couple of rounds of trap.
Joe Texan had never shot any flying stuff before so that was interesting. He did pretty good for his first time out. I don't think he cared much for my Mossberg 500. The first round we shot, the guy that owns the range let Joe Texan borrow his Remington 1100, but on the second round, the range guy suggested that he use my gun and I use the 1100. The reason behind this was that I shoot the pigeons much closer than Joe Texan and my Mossberg 500 will reach out a little further, because of choke differences.
I think Joe Texan is probably sporting a nice bruise today... :)
My Little One did awesome. She probably hit 17 out of her first 25 and about the same on the second round. She loves shooting the little Remington 870 Youth 20 ga.
One of the regulars at the range commented that in a year all the old guys will have to watch out for her. I was proud as I could be.
I did ok, I think I hit about 20 out of the first 25. I might have hit a couple less on the second round, and I'm not throwing the Remington 1100 under the bus, but I wasn't as familiar with it as with my Mossberg 500. There was a bit of a learning curve.
I didn't get any pictures yesterday, at the trap range things move a little too fast for much camera action.
I'm going to try to get the whole gang (me, my Bride and both girls) together with Big Mullet tomorrow for some more trap and maybe some rifle. it may be tough though, everybody has stuff going on. It might just be me and Big Mullet, that's ok too though. Any day shooting is a good day...
No comments:
Post a Comment